The 5th ASEAN Synchrotron Science Camp
On 14th -18th November 2016
at the Synchrotron Light Research Institute (Public Organization)
Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
The Synchrotron Light Research Institute (Public Organization) (SLRI) under the Ministry of Science and Technology of Thailand, located in Nakhon Ratchasima, will organize the 5th ASEAN Synchrotron Science Camp on 14-18 November 2016 at the SLRI.
The Science Camp is aimed to continue enlarging cooperation on synchrotron technology among ASEAN countries, to encourage students to realize in the role of science and technology, especially synchrotron technology on country progress, to strengthen synchrotron user group and to increase number of ASEAN researchers and scientists in synchrotron technology.
The goal of this camp is not only to provide students with hands-on science learning and a window into the scientific basis of sychrotron, but also to continue enlarging cooperation among ASEAN countries as well as increasing the number of ASEAN researchers and scientists on synchrotron technology in the future.
• 40 students from Thailand
• 40 students from ASEAN countries
Dates : 14-18 November 2016
Sirindhornwitchothai Building, Synchrotron Light Research Institute (Public Organization), Muang District, Nakhon Ratchasima Province, Thailand
Surasammanakhan Hotel (located on Suranaree University of Technology Campus), Muang District, Nakhon Rathchasima, Thailand
Expected Outcomes :
1. Participants will get knowledge and clear understanding on accelerator, production of synchrotron radiation, and application of the synchrotron radiation to the basic of science and technology through the lectures provided by the team of scientists.
2. Participants will have chance to visit experimental stations and participating in research implementation together with the SLRI scientists on the topics of interest.
3. Participants will have chance to exchange ideas among participants and scientist.
Applicant Qualification (in science, engineer)
• 3rd - 4th year ungraduate or
• Graduated student or
• 1st year PhD students
1. 1”X1” photograph
2. Current transcript
3. ID card or student card
4. Recommendation letter
• Lectures on synchrotron techniques and accelerator
• Visit Siam Photon Laboratory (SPL) and hands-on experiments
• Excursion (Pimai Ancient Temple)
• The SLRI preserves its right to put applicants who are able to paticipate in the whole program at the first priority in the selection procudure.
• Only applicants who submit application form and required documents on time (on or before 2 October 2016) will be considered.
• The decision of the Science Camp Committee on selection of applicants shall be final.